Too Many Deaths, Please Help Us Stop Them!
I have posted repeatedly how the deaths and injuries from traffic crashes have increased to record levels in our SW MO area, and here’s proof that this is also a sad trend in communities across our nation.
Safety Tips for Highway Driving During the Holidays
- Put down the phone, it can wait, pull over if you must use your phone, and don’t drive while “intexticated”!
- Plan your route; it only takes 30 seconds before you put it in gear to mentally think “safety”; fewer surprises means fewer crashes
- Use your seat belts; safety equipment won’t work if you don’t use it
- Be patient; speeding, quick, weaving lane changes, rushing a yellow light, might save you a few seconds or even a few minutes each day, but avoiding those bad driving habits will add years to your life, and the lives of your family, friends, and members of our communities
- Always look twice; a quick glance often fails to pick up motorcycles and pedestrians; again, a few seconds of calm can save many lives
As the holiday season is upon us, these basic tips will reduce the statistics which most importantly means more folks will spend the holidays happy and well with their friends and family.
Be safe out there!